Cairo University Faculty of Medicine

Establishing its roots in 1908 as a private institution, Cairo University (CU) attained university status in 1954, although its medical program commenced as early as 1827. Affiliated with the renowned Qasr El Eyni Hospital, the Faculty of Medicine at Cairo University serves as Cairo city's premier research and teaching hospital. Moreover, CU Egypt holds institutional accreditation from the Ministry of Higher Education of Egypt.

In 1898, Cairo University Egypt took a pivotal step in providing education to diverse student groups, leading to the adoption of the English language in the School of Medicine, influenced by British culture. Commonly referred to as the “Kasr Alainy” School of Medicine, University of Cairo, the CU Egypt campus now hosts over 22 Institutes and Faculties, catering to a student population exceeding 150,000.

The MBBS program in Egypt spans a total of 7 years, including a 2-year practical internship in hospitals. The curriculum comprises 5 years of theoretical study followed by 2 years of practical training, encompassing a one-year general internship and a one-year specialization internship.

Cairo University holds the 2nd position nationally in Egypt, with a global ranking of 1045th. It maintains its standing as one of the top-ranked universities in Egypt, as evidenced by its QS ranking of 2nd in 2021, with a global rating ranging between 561st and 570th.