Advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
“It may not always be profitable at first for businesses to be online, but it is certainly going to be unprofitable not to be online.” – Esther Dyson
Businesses today have become wiser as they understand these basics and have started to get online. Consumers too are getting online to shop. To an extent, the pandemic has fast-forwarded this whole process of physical store converting to online storefronts and consumers shopping physically converting to online shopping. Still, some consumers are hesitant to do online shopping. Well, both have their pros and cons. For consumers to be able to make an informed decision, listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping.
Advantages of online shopping:
• Convenience is the biggest advantage of online shopping. Online shopping enables consumers to shop from any place be it home or office or even when traveling.
• Online shopping also allows for shopping at any time i.e, you can shop no matter it is day or night. Consumers can simply lounge at home with a drink and make online purchases right in their pajamas.
• To put it in short, online shopping is saving of the time required to dress up and drive to the shop. It will even save the consumer fuel.
• Compared to offline shops, online stores can provide a large variety of choices for the consumers. Online shopping sites can easily provide many products and categories of products.
• Consumers can easily refer to comparison shopping sites like the Gobazzar to find the best deals for any product. They simply have to search for any product within such sites and the sites display a large list of sites providing the same product along with the price offered and even the reviews for that site. Thus, consumers can save money when shopping online.
• Also, when consumers shop online, they can easily track any product they have ordered so that the stage at which the product has arrived can be monitored by the con